Teaching should be as fun as it is rewarding, and at 51Talk we bring that experience right into the comfort of your own home. We put you in control of your own virtual classroom, where you’ll be teaching kids in China who are as excited to learn English as you are to teach it!
Being an online teacher has never been this easy: we connect you with our young learners, and provide all the lesson materials so that you can spend more time doing what you love. Throughout your lessons your students are sure to share their Chinese culture with you as well.
We’re looking for teachers who love teaching and can’t wait to see their students smile. Better still, we happily offer all our teachers free professional development training. Join the 51Talk family and start teaching with us today!
51Talk was founded with a simple goal: to make learning accessible and enjoyable for millions of young learners in China.
After hitting a major milestone of going public on the New York Stock Exchange (COE), we continue working toward this goal, and growing our global family of over 10,000 teachers from the Philippines and abroad who share our passion for inspiring kids.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for experienced and potential teachers who love working with kids. 51Talk teachers love to make learning fun, and they bring excitement and energy to every lesson!
Here are our basic requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience teaching kids / K12 (preferred)
- Teaching certifications such as LET / TESOL / TEFL / CELTA / TKT (preferred)
- Professionalism, patience, and a fun-loving attitude
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED?
All 51Talk classes are conducted as live, online one-on-one lessons. You’ll need a few simple things to be eligible:
- A laptop or desktop computer with a wired internet connection
- At least 3 Mbps DSL/Cable/Fiber internet (This means that your router/modem should be physically connAected to awiredline - phone line or cable or fiber optics)
- A noise-cancelling headset & an HD webcam
- A quiet, clutter-free, and well-lit space in your home
HOW MUCH CAN I EARN?
Earnings are based on the number lessons you will conduct and your performance, about $15-$22 per hour base pay.
In addition to hourly compensation, there are even more ways to earn:
- Referral incentives
- Performance-based incentives
- Peak hour incentives
- Pay raises commensurate with performance and training completion
If you meet the requirements above and you want to be part of a well-recognized company while making a difference, join us!